- Does the LEUCHTIE have different light settings?
- Does the LEUCHTIE dazzle me?
- Does the bright light bother my dog?
- How do I know which LEUCHTIE model I have?
- Can I upgrade my LEUCHTIE to the USB rechargeable version?
- Where are the electronics in the LEUCHTIE?
- Does the LEUCHTIE also work with long-haired dogs?
- How does the phosphorescent battery pack work?
- Is the light collar waterproof?
- How do the LEUCHTIE models differ?
- Is a LEUCHTIE heavy?
- Which colours are brightest?
- Which size does my dog need?
- Why does the LEUCHTIE not have a switch?
We deliberately do without different light settings, such as hectic flashing or the like. In our experience, many dogs are unsettled by blinking, especially when it is fast or arrhythmic. Also oncoming dogs often react irritated - tense encounters and conflicts can be the result. In addition, also for many dog owners a flashing light collar is very disturbing.
Therefore we have designed the LEUCHTIEs out of conviction - based on our many years of experience as dog owners - in such a way that they shine exclusively as very bright permanent light. This helps making dogs feel much more secure and comfortable in the dark (especially the senior edition).
In addition, the luminosity of the LEUCHTIEs is so strong that they make dogs clearly visible from all sides even over long distances - so it is absolutely unnecessary to attract additional attention by an annoying blinking mode.
No, even for us humans the strong luminosity of the LEUCHTIE is very seldom disturbing. But the individual perception of brightness can obviously differ. If your eyes are very sensitive, we recommend that you choose your LEUCHTIE to match:
- Prefer a model that does not have constant luminosity: LEUCHTIE Plus, LEUCHTIE Pro Easy Charge, LEUCHTIE Mini.
- Order a color that has a slightly weaker luminosity, such as sunset orange, sunny yellow or hot pink.
- Choose a LEUCHTIE with a coloured tube, not a transparent one. This is especially recommended if the dog is usually near you and has short coat on the neck. In the transparent tube we produce: two-colour versions, self-configured LEUCHTIEs, the senior edition as well as the colours green (extra light), lavender and white.
No, LEUCHTIEs do not obstruct dogs, because they shine as a bright permanent light. We deliberately avoid hectic flashing or other light settings out of conviction, in order not to unsettle your own dog as well as other dogs and not to disturb us humans. On the contrary, it often happens that the bright continuous light of the LEUCHTIEs helps making dogs feel much more secure and comfortable in the dark. This effect can possibly be improved with the senior edition.
In this way, we reliably guarantee the safety of your dog and also that of our fellow human beings when going for a walk and in traffic.
If your dog has problems putting on a collar / harness, we recommend making sure that the LEUCHTIE only starts to glow when the dog is wearing it, not already when you put it on.
To identify which LEUCHTIE model you have, please look at the size sticker on your LEUCHTIE: Currently sold LEUCHTIEs have the model name on the size sticker.
For older LEUCHTIEs, you can tell the model by the colour of the sticker:
silver sticker: LEUCHTIE Standard or Plus
black sticker: LEUCHTIE Premium or Premium Easy Charge
white sticker: LEUCHTIE Plus, Plus Easy Charge or Pro Easy Charge
A conversion of your battery-operated LEUCHTIE Plus, Premium or Standard in the rechargeable Easy Charge version is possible. If you like to convert your LEUCHTIE please simply order the Upgrade Easy Charge in our shop and send us your LEUCHTIE for conversion.
In the article description in the shop you`ll find detailed information about upgrading your battery-operated LEUCHTIE.
The electronics of the LEUCHTIE are in the tube. In the battery pack are only either 2 standard batteries or 2 rechargeable batteries inserted, depending on the model.
Yes. Thanks to very bright LEDs, all LEUCHTIEs offer great brightness and safety for your dog.
But there are differences in luminosity:
The longer, denser and darker the coat of your dog is, the stronger the luminosity of the LEDs should be. The following colours tend to be perceived as the brightest and most conspicuous: 1) green in a transparent tube (extra bright), 2) turquoise, 3) lavender, 4) white, 5) blue in a transparent tube, 6) fir green.
In addition to the colour, a constant brightness without fading is favourable for extremely long-haired dogs with a dense coat on the neck, as in the models LEUCHTIE Premium (battery operated) and LEUCHTIE Premium Easy Charge (USB rechargeable). Both are therefore especially suitable for very longhaired dogs, such as Australian Shepherds, Newfoundland dogs etc, and long distances.
In addition, cones can be attached to the LEUCHTIE: For a better visibility for long haired dogs, the light of the LEDs makes the cones glow.
The phosphorescent battery pack glows after being illuminated with light, slowly releasing the previously recorded ambient light in the dark. How bright it shines, depends on the amount of light previously recorded.
With the phosphorescent battery part, the LEUCHTIE can be easily located when it is off or has opened, in the unfortunate event the dog should lose it.
All LEUCHTIE models are 100 % waterproof. Even swimming and diving are easily possible.
Please find the differences between the LEUCHTIE models on our product overview page.
No, LEUCHTIEs are very light and comfortable for dogs to wear.
By using filigree components, often custom-made products developed together with our suppliers, they meet the special requirements of small and light dogs.
The weight of a LEUCHTIE depends on its size:
Mini LEUCHTIEs weigh approx. 55 g, the models for the bigger dogs, from size 35, approx. 110 g.
Please note: The robust looking battery pack is not solid: it consists of the tubular battery compartment and a cover on both sides. Therefore this also has a very low weight and does not hinder the dog.
In addition to the models, designed for different requirements, the LED colour also has an effect on the brightness of the LEUCHTIE: The luminosity of the different colours varies. Therefore, in addition to the personal taste, the respective requirements on the LEUCHTIE are also important for the selection, e. g. how long and dark is the coat on the neck or how far away is the dog. The following colours tend to be perceived as the brightest:
1) green in a transparent tube (extra bright), 2) turquoise, 3) lavender, 4) white, 5) blue in a transparent tube, 6) fir green.
If the dog is usually near you and has short coat on the neck, colours with a slightly lower luminosity would be recommended, such as sunset orange, sunny yellow or hot pink.
How to determine the right size for your dog:
LEUCHTIE will be placed over the dog's head as closed ring and turns on and off automatically.
Consequently, for choosing the right size you have to measure the dog's head circumference, not the neck (for exceptions see point 3).
- Please put a tape measure tightly around the widest part of the dog’s head, just in front of the ears.
If you don't have a tape measure, please use a piece of string which you can use around the head and then measure with a ruler. Please measure tightly.
- Select the LEUCHTIE size closest to this measurement from the list provided.
If you meausure between two sizes, please choose the smaller size preferably.
- Does your dog have a larger neck than head circumference, e. g. due to dense, long-haired fur on the neck (Australian Shepherd, Collie, Newfoundland etc.)?
Then please measure the neck circumference as an additional size at the place and in the width on / in which the LEUCHTIE should be and orient yourself more towards this when choosing the size.
LEUCHTIE Plus, Premium, Pro Easy Charge [&] Premium Easy Charge are available in the following sizes (in cm [inch]):
35  / 37,5  / 40  / 42,5  / 45  / 47,5  / 50  / 52,5  / 55  / 57,5  / 60  / 62,5  / 65  / 67,5  / 70 .
LEUCHTIE Mini is available in the following sizes (in cms [inch]):
25  / 27,5  / 30  / 32,5 
Breed examples (these are only examples as a guide):
• 35 - 37,5: Terrier, Whippet (approx. 10 - 16 kg)
• 40 - 42,5: Border Collie, Spaniel (approx. 17 - 25 kg)
• 45 - 47,5: Dalmatian, Irish Setter (approx. 26 - 31 kg)
• 50 - 52,5: Retriever, German Shepherd (approx. 32 - 37 kg)
• 55 - 57,5: Hovawart, Rhodesian Ridgeback (approx. 38 - 43 kg)
• 60 - 62,5: Bernese Mountain Dog, Rottweiler (approx. 44 - 51 kg)
Our LEUCHTIEs have been working since 2003 according to the principle “What's not there can't break".
Our goal at that time was to combine the simplest handling with the highest functionality: That's why we don't turn the LEUCHTIE ON and OFF in daily use - we deliberately do without a failure-prone switch. So nothing can wear out and water or dirt cannot even penetrate. Result: LEUCHTIEs are absolutely waterproof, very robust and extremely durable. And because this has worked so well for many years now, we have remained true to this principle.